you may be able to help prevent a car accident from happening. Here are 10 tips for driving in wet weather:
1. Leave early and allow for more travel time;
2. Ensure brakes are in good working condition;
3. Reduce your speed;
4. Drive defensively;
5. Keep a larger than usual distance between you and the vehicle in front of you;
6. Signal for turns well in advance;
7. Avoid standing water and flooded areas;
8. If your car starts to slide (hydroplane), take your foot off gas and steadily apply your brakes, turning your car in the direction of the skid;
9. Turn on your headlights; and
10. Stay in middle lane where it is possible.
Even though you do all you can to prevent an accident, someone else’s careless or reckless actions still could lead to one. If this happens to you and you are injured, then you would benefit from speaking to a Bowling Green KY, car accident lawyer. You could be entitled to compensation.
At the law office of Natalie Stuart we are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is confidential and the advice is free.